HPAC: Neighbors Building Community in Highland Park, Riverview, and South Delridge
Welcome to our newly re-formed Action Committee! We are keeping our acronym, HPAC, but expanding our engagement to include South Delridge and Riverview, as well as Highland Park. To learn more about our mission and bylaws check out our About page and meet your executive committee. Over the next few months we will be rolling out a new logo, yard signs, and a community survey. We cannot wait for you to get involved!
Please join us on the 4th Wednesday of every month
Doors open at 6:30 pm
Meeting from 7:00 – 8:30 pm
at the Highland Park Improvement Club on the corner of 12th Ave SW and SW Holden.
MISSION/PURPOSE OF NEIGHBORHOOD ACTION COMMITTEE
An all volunteer, non-profit, and nonpartisan organization whose role is to be an advocate for the neighborhoods of Highland Park, Riverview, and South Delridge. These neighborhoods have aligned interests and goals and as one association this increases leadership opportunities in addressing community needs and a stronger voice in communicating and advocating with governmental agencies, organizations, and policy makers in an effort to represent those interests, needs, and/or opportunities.
- Members: All persons living or working within the boundaries, or owning a business or owning or renting property located within the boundaries shall be members of the HPAC.
- Persons living, working or owning a business or property located in adjacent neighborhoods may be considered members unless prohibited by district boundary.
- Any/All membership dues are voluntary. Membership is free. Donations gladly accepted!
- Highland Park goes from Myers Way and SW Roxbury on the south, Delridge Way on the west, SW Holden to 16th Ave on the north, to 509 on the east.
- The Riverview Neighborhood is bounded by SW Holly to the North and SW Holden to the South, 14th Ave SW to the West and Highland Park Way to the East. This boundary has shifted over time. At one point it included North to Brandon and West to 26th, with Sylvan Way/Dumar/Holden as the Southern boundary.
- The South Delridge neighborhood follows the Delridge Way SW Corridor north from SW Roxbury St to SW Orchard St. The east and west boundaries are approximately three blocks to the east and three blocks to the west of Delridge Way SW- 17th Ave SW on the eastern border to 25th Ave SW on the western border.
NONDISCRIMINATION AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
HPAC: Neighbors Building Community in Highland Park, Riverview, and South Delridge strives to provide an opportunity for all residents to participate that is free from discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or gender expression, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.
- 8x a year: Jan, Feb, March, April, May, June, Sept., Oct.
- On the 4th Wednesday
- Meeting from 7:00 – 8:30 pm at the Highland Park Improvement Club on the corner of 12th Ave SW and SW Holden.
- February will the annual meeting where elections for executive committee will take place.
- All meetings and records of the Council shall be open to the public, except for executive sessions.
- Regularly scheduled meetings will use an action agenda
- Modified parliamentary procedure may be used for larger discussions
- Majority consensus is needed to change the bylaws
- Annual meeting and election of executive committee will be held in February or before the end of 1st quarter of the calendar year
- The Executive Committee shall consist of three members (minimum) to seven members (maximum) elected at the annual meeting with at least one representative from each neighborhood elected to executive committee.
- Chairperson(s) -The duties of the Chairperson(s) shall be to preside at all HPAC: Neighbors Building Community in Highland Park, Riverview, and South Delridge meetings and Executive Committee meetings, prepare agendas for such meetings, report on the actions of the Executive Committee, maintain momentum of programs initiated by the HPAC: Neighbors Building Community in Highland Park, Riverview, and South Delridge and perform such duties as the HPAC: Neighbors Building Community in Highland Park, Riverview, and South Delridge may assign. The Chairperson(s) shall be a member of the Executive Committee.
- Vice Chairperson(s) -The duties of the Vice Chairperson shall be to serve in the absence of the Chairperson, to develop and encourage broader membership participation, and to plan and organize special projects and functions. The Vice Chairperson shall be a member of the Executive Committee.
- Secretary – The Secretary shall notify the membership of the next meeting date, time, and place within a few days prior to each meeting. Other members of the Executive Committee may also perform this duty. The Secretary shall maintain a list of active members’ names and addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses. Minutes of the HPAC: Neighbors Building Community in Highland Park, Riverview, and South Delridge meetings shall be maintained by the Secretary, with a summary of actions taken and assignments made ready to be presented at each subsequent meeting. The Secretary shall be a member of the Executive Committee.
- Treasurer – The Treasurer shall be a member of the Executive Committee, shall receive and disburse funds as instructed by the Executive Committee and the 501c3 fiscal sponsor, Highland Park Improvement Club (HPIC) in accordance with the laws and regulations relating to nonprofit organizations and shall file appropriate reports. The Treasurer reports on the financial position of the HPAC: Neighbors Building Community in Highland Park, Riverview, and South Delridge shall be ready to present current finances at each meeting of the HHPAC: Neighbors Building Community in Highland Park, Riverview, and South Delridge.
- All Standing Committee Chairpersons shall be a member of the Executive Committee.
- One member of the Executive Committee shall be designated as the contact person and liaison for District Councils, Advisory Committees, and other organizations.
- Vacancies in the Executive Committee caused by any reason other than the removal of an Executive Committee Member by a vote of the membership, shall be filled by vote of the majority of the remaining Executive Committee Members. Each person so appointed shall be a Member of the Executive Committee until a successor is elected at the next Annual Meeting.
Elections for all officers shall be held at the annual meeting. The term of each officer shall be twelve months. Nominations for officers may be made at the annual election meeting. Majority vote shall determine election. The HPAC: Neighbors Building Community in Highland Park, Riverview, and South Delridge shall have the duty to publicize the nominees for office, and the date, time, and place of the annual election meeting.
The majority of members present at a regular meeting are eligible to vote.
a) The Treasurer will work with our fiscal sponsor, Highland Park Improvement Club (HPIC), to establish and maintain all bank accounts when necessary.
b) The Chairperson and Treasurer may authorize expenditures of up to $500.00. The Treasurer shall report on the financial position and any expenditures at each HPAC: Neighbors Building Community in Highland Park, Riverview, and South Delridge meeting.
c) The Majority of the Executive Committee must approve all expenditures in excess of $500.00.
d) Expenditures shall have receipts detailing the amount, items, and use of expenditure.
e) The Executive Committee shall report on all Grants and other sources of funding.
RECALL OF AN OFFICER
Executive Committee Members may be recalled with or without cause. A three-quarters vote of the members at a regularly scheduled meeting can initiate a recall election of any officer. Once a recall has been initiated, the recall elections must be held no earlier than 30 days after the first vote, but no later than 60 days after the first vote. The Executive Committee shall set the date, time, and place of the recall election.
Highland Park Action Committee (HPAC)
Riverview Neighborhood Council – has not formally met since on or before 2013
South Delridge Community Group (SDCG)
Each neighborhood group, under the association, will continue to maintain its individual standing as part of any neighborhood councils, City of Seattle designations, and/or if the Association dissolves.
Thank you to Dina of DIGITAL GENIE for redesigning our logo and outreach material. Check out her work and hire local!
Dina Lydia, is an artist a versatile visual designer, photographer and video editor located in the Delridge district of West Seattle.