Happening at Highland Park Improvement Club (HPIC)
- 1st Fridays – Corner Bar
- 2nd Fridays ART LOUNGE Art Class + community art lounge + HPIC bar
- Every Monday and Tuesday 7:00 PM Yoga Flow All Levels
- Thursdays 7:00 PM Punk Rock Aerobics
Delridge Neighborhood District Council Monthly Meeting
3rd Weds of the month at 7p – See Facebook page for location
West Seattle Emergency Communication Hub Captain Needed for Highland Park
The Emergency Communication Hubs are locations around West Seattle which have been designated by neighborhood leaders and volunteers as community gathering sites if a major disaster makes it impossible to get information and help in the usual ways.
We are an all volunteer organization who works independent of the city, although they are our partners as the experts in emergency preparedness. There are over 130 Hub locations throughout Seattle and many of them are really active and practice, and have meetings to work on preparedness and how the hub functions.
We collectively call ourselves the Hub Captains Network because, which each hub is unique to the community is serves, there are many things in common that we can share and learn from. Primarily we focus on supporting what the hubs need; creating opportunities to develop and share understanding of best practices, sponsoring activities such as training, drills and meetings which benefit all, and assisting each other in our individual hub efforts.
Hub Captain Duties
In your own neighborhood:
- Exercise your hub; a yearly drill, hold a training session
- Attend events to do outreach; community group meetings, have a table at the local festival, etc.
- Attend local sector info and organizing meetings (not in all areas)
- Hold your own meetings with your hub volunteers
- 5 meetings a year, every other month, Hub Captains Network, or at least read the minutes.
- Reading emails from hub captains sharing info
- Anything you chose to get involved in, special projects etc
- Participate in yearly drills so you know what to do at your hub.
Help Us Develop Usable Green Space in the Delridge Corridor!
The Highland Park Action Committee is working with members from the South Delridge Community Group and the WestWood Roxhill Arbor Heights Community Coalition to submit a grant application to redesign the triangular parcel of land, dubbed the Delridge Triangle, located in the heart of the South Delridge neighborhood at 9200 Delridge Way SW. Project information can be found here: DelridgeTriangle.org
Commitments are minimal and span several months, so there is plenty of opportunity to get involved! Of course, the payoff of your commitment will be a usable green space for all to enjoy, while contributing to the beautification and positive development of the neighborhood. You can also ask questions by emailing the steering committee at DelridgeTriangle@gmail.com
Thank you for supporting our community!