All HPAC meetings are held at the Highland Park Improvement Club, 1116 SW Holden St. Seattle, WA 98106 on the 4th Wednesday of the month (from Jan – June & Sept – October) Doors open at 6:30 – Meeting from 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Agenda as follows:
6:30p Neighbor Networking (optional)
7:00p Welcome from HPAC Vice-Chair
7:05p Community Announcements
7:10p Community Facilitated Discussion: Options for Riverview Park New Barrier/Fence
What’s the Solution for Barrier at Riverview Park?
Facilitated by Barb Biondo & Craig Rankin
As a follow up from the meeting at Riverview Park with Seattle Parks Dept. at this month’s meeting, neighbors will have the opportunity to come with alternative solutions for a barrier between the parking lot and playfield – the barrier is needed to keep vehicles off the play fields. Join this brainstorming session and learn about next steps.
8:20p HPAC Executive Committee Updates
- Update Neighborhood Coalition with South Delridge and Riverview – see info below
- Request for Speakers or Topics for Future Meetings?
- Any New Orders of Business
8:30p Meeting Adjourn
Highland Park Neighborhood Clean Up
From 10a – 12 noon
- This spring we will be tackling the trash along Highland Park Way.
- Trash Bags and Grabbers will be provided – bring work gloves if you have them.
- Refreshments will be provided!
- Does your child need service hours? This is great opportunity!
- We also encourage neighbors to host block and traffic circle clean ups from 12 -2p that afternoon.
Meet at the corner of Highland Park Way and SW Holden St.
May Meeting Preview
1) Highland Park Way and SW Holden St. Intersection Improvement Project Presentation & Update from Adonis Ducksworth, Capital Projects Coordinator, Seattle Department of Transportation
2) SDCG, HPAC, and Riverview Neighbor Community Groups Merger Discussion Resolution to combine the neighborhoods of South Delridge, Highland Park and Riverview into one neighborhood council.
A request has been made to merge the neighborhoods groups east of Delridge Way in the southern section of the Delridge Corridor. We are proposing one neighborhood council for Highland Park, Riverview and South Delridge. HPAC has had representation from Riverview neighbors for the last few years and would like to formally include Riverview with this proposed merger. The neighborhood boundaries have been fluid between these three neighborhoods and neighbor leaders from South Delridge, Highland Park, and Riverview have worked together on a number of projects and issues over the last 2+ years.
By doing so, we will be able to combine efforts, resources and volunteers to accomplish all the things that we are currently attempting and those that we would like to do in the future. These three neighborhoods share many of the same issues, needs and wants. We’re hoping for a stronger, more effective voice when we “want the city to hear us”.
The anticipated date to discuss and vote on the merger for 3 neighborhood groups would occur at the May meeting of HPAC, which is Wednesday, May 22 at 7pm at the Highland Park Improvement Club.
This will serve as notice to our neighbors to provide some time to think about and comment on the merger. Please feel free to reach out and comment on this proposal. You can email HPAC’s executive committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or South Delridge Community Group at: email@example.com