All HPAC meetings are held at the Highland Park Improvement Club, 1116 SW Holden St. Seattle, WA 98106 on the 4th Wednesday of the month (from Jan – June & Sept – October) Doors open at 6:30 – Meeting from 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Agenda as follows:
6:30p Neighbor Networking
7:00p Welcome from HPAC Chair
7:05p Community Announcements
7:10p Update from Lt. Strand from SPD on crimes stats in Highland Park
7:15p Presentation on Crime Prevention and Block Watch Network by Jennifer Danner, Crime Prevention Coordinator, SPD
Crime Prevention Coordinators are experts in crime prevention techniques. Jennifer will talk about outgoing crime problems in your neighborhood, getting involved in Block Watch and present on crime prevention tips.
8:00p HPAC Executive Committee Updates
- Discussion of Developing Neighborhood Coalition with South Delridge and Riverview
- Election for Treasurer
- Next steps on Roundabout Funding
- Myers Way/ Camp Second Chance
- “Your Voice, Your Choice” submitted projects
- Save the Date for Spring Neighborhood Clean Up – April 14th
- Any New Orders of Business
8:30p Meeting Adjourn
Next Meeting – April 24th
Tentative: SDOT Presentation on:
- 16th Ave SW and SW Holden Intersection Improvements
- Olsen Place Safety Improvements
Highland Park Neighborhood Clean Up
This Spring TBD
- This spring we will be tackling the trash along Highland Park Way and SW Holden St.!
- Trash Bags and Grabbers will be provided – bring work gloves if you have them.
- Refreshments will be provided!
- Does your child need service hours? This is great opportunity!
- We also encourage neighbors to host block and traffic circle clean ups from 12 -2p that afternoon.
Your Voice, Your Choice
Help review and score ideas for park and street improvements
You are invited to review the park and street improvement ideas submitted by the public for Your Voice, Your Choice: Parks & Streets. Get involved by attending one or more of the project development meetings throughout the city. Participants will be responsible for evaluating the project ideas that are submitted and give each project numerical ratings.
Participation is open to all who live, work, go to school, receive services, volunteer, or have a connection to the City of Seattle. If you are interested in participating in these meetings, view the full schedule below.
If you cannot attend a meeting, but would like to evaluate projects, there will be an opportunity to do so online. Stay tuned for details!
Your Voice, Your Choice Project Development Meetings
March 19, 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Delridge Branch Library
March 21, 5:30pm – 7:30pm
West Seattle Branch Library
March 26, 6pm – 8pm
South Park Community Center
April 9, 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Southwest Branch Library