|Next HPAC Meeting is Weds., October 25, 2017
All HPAC meetings are held at the Highland Park Improvement Club, 1116 SW Holden, Seattle, WA 98106 on the 4th Wednesday of the month (from Jan – June & Sept – October) Doors open at 6:30 – Meeting from 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Engagement with Community Resources
Lt. Ron Smith, Seattle Police Department:
Reviewing current crime stats and responding to current concerns/issues
Meet SPU Drainage and Wastewater South Operations Center Team
The City of Seattle has purchased property at 4500 W Marginal Way SW for use as Seattle Public Utilities’ (SPU) Drainage and Wastewater South Operations Center (SOC). The facility will be home to some of SPU’s Drainage and Wastewater field employees, work vehicles and equipment storage. These field employees clean and repair the City’s sewer and drainage systems, investigate waterway pollution, provide emergency response to storm events and natural disasters, and more.
As a nearby neighbor, SPU wanted you to be among the first to learn about the proposed building improvements and SPU’s planned use of the building. Join SPU Project Manager and staff at the Highland Park Action Committee Meeting on Oct. 25 to hear more and ask any questions you have about their future building on W Marginal Way SW.
Meet Seattle City Light’s Advanced Metering Program Team
City Light is excited to announce that advanced meters are the new meter standard for City Light’s service territory. In October 2016, City Light started the installation of advanced meters on new residential and small commercial construction projects under normal business operations. The majority of residential and commercial customers will begin receiving new meters in the summer of 2017. This is an incremental approach, with benefits realized` once the entire system is installed by 2019. Customers who do not wish to receive the benefits of an advanced meter can choose to opt out.
HPAC Executive Committee Updates:
- REACH (DSHS) Program May Come to Highland Park
- Falconridge Farm & Potential For Neighborhood Input Aligning with our Emerging Vision for the Highland Park Neighborhood
- Ideas and Discussion for Speakers & Topics for 2018
- Highland Park Way Roundabout Project Update
- Reminder Bylaws Subcommittee to meet in Nov & Dec
- Reminder New Meeting Format for 2018
Help HPAC update our Bylaws – Looking for more members for short term committee
Community Events & Meetings
Volunteers Needed For Highland Park Roundabouts Cleanup and Beautification
Highland Park Roundabouts Cleanup and Beautification
This month we will be cleaning out the weeds, blackberry vines, and dead plants from four roundabouts in Highland Park, then replacing with new trees, shrubs and ground cover. We could use your help.
If you live, walk or drive near the intersections listed below, or you love to garden, or you just want to meet some neighbors, come on out and pitch in!
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 22
- 10am – 12:30pm: 12th Ave SW & SW Trenton — remove overgrowth & dead plants
- 2pm – 4:30pm: 12th Ave SW & SW Thistle — remove overgrowth & dead plants
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 28
- 10am – 12:30pm: 10th Ave SW & SW Thistle — remove overgrowth & dead plants
- 2pm – 4:30pm: 12th Ave SW & SW Kenyon — remove summer annuals
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 29
- 10am – 11:30am: 12th Ave SW & SW Trenton — install new plants & mulch
- 12pm – 1:30pm: 12th Ave SW & SW Thistle — install new plants & mulch
- 2pm – 3:30pm: 10th Ave SW & SW Thistle — install new plants & mulch
- 4pm – 5:30pm: 12th Ave SW & SW Kenyon — install new plants & mulch
If you can lend a hand at any of those times, please contact Aubbie so we know how many volunteers to expect. We can also use garden tools, wheelbarrows, yard waste bins, etc. Questions? Give Aubbie a shout — at email@example.com or PM via NextDoor or Facebook.
Aubbie & Gunner
Events at HPIC
Happening at Highland Park Improvement Club (HPIC)
- 1st Fridays – Corner Bar
- 2nd Fridays ART LOUNGE Art Class + community art lounge + HPIC bar
- 3rd Fridays Family Movie Night
- Every Monday and Thursday 7:00 pm Yoga Flow – All Levels
- Saturdays @ 9AM (60 min) – Hatha Yoga
Delridge Neighborhood District Council Monthly Meeting
3rd Weds of the month at 7p – See Facebook page for location