Weds., May 24th – HPAC Meeting
All HPAC meetings are held at the Highland Park Improvement Club, 1116 SW Holden, Seattle, WA 98106 on the 4th Wednesday of the month (from Jan – June & Sept – October) Doors open at 6:30 – Meeting from 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Open Discussion on Timely Issues
- Final Planning for Find It, Fix It Walk Highland Park
Find It, Fix It Walk – Next Steps
The second Community Walk Action Team (CWAT) meeting will be held at the Highland Park Elementary School Library on Tuesday, May 16 from 6:30-7:30pm. Encourage your neighbors to get involved!
If you live or work in Highland Park and would like to let us know of a community concern (overgrown trees, graffiti, street light outages, litter, damaged sidewalks, etc.), please complete the Community Input Survey and email it to Paige.Madden@seattle.gov or Lemmis.Stephens@seattle.gov.
- Pedestrian and motorist safety, potential roundabout (Holden & Highland Park Way SW)
- Intersection needs left turn lanes/signals (Holden & 16th)
- Plans for SCL surplus property – request to have café and senior/affordable housing (Holden & 16th)
- Highland Park is a “food desert”
- Lack of access to Georgetown and Southpark
- State of Riverview Playfield Park
- Lack of upkeep of open green spaces
- Stairways need maintained, many blackberry brambles (Holden & 14th, Thistle & 14th)
- ADA accessibility throughout neighborhood (along Holden St)
- Litter at Metro bus stops
- History and community involvement of the Highland Park Improvement Club
- Success of the community effort to move invasive species in Westcrest Park
- Success of working with the City to paint a crosswalk and install flashing lights (Holden & 11th)
Potential starting/ending points:
- Riverview Playfield
- Highland Park Improvement Club
- Pierre Davis – Police Dept.
- Scott Kubly – Dept. of Transportation
- Jim Curtin – Dept. of Transportation
- Newell Aldrich – CM Herbold’s Office
- Lorena Gonzalez – Councilmember At-large
- Nicolas Welch – Office of Planning and Community Development
- Representative – Public Utilities (illegal dumping)
- Representative – Metro
- Representative – Parks Dept.
For more information please contact Paige Madden at Paige.Madden@seattle.gov or at (206) 233-5166.
Join HPAC, HPIC, Neighbors, Mayor Murray, and City Officials at the Find It, Fix It Highland Park Community Walk on Thursday, May 25th
City of Seattle Community Conversation
Re: Homelessness at Myers Way
Monday, May 15
7:00 – 8:30 PM
Joint Training Facility
9401 Myers Way South
City of Seattle has organized another public meeting about broader concerns about how homelessness is impacting Myers Way, including the unauthorized encampments outside of Camp Second Chance. Come join the conversation.
For more information contact George Scarola, Director of Homelessness
City of Seattle | Office of the Mayor
O: 206.684.0969 | firstname.lastname@example.org