Next Meeting is February 22, 2017
- SPD Update & HPIC Update
- Your Voice, Your Choice – Neighborhood Parks and Street Fund Presentation
- HPAC Community Ideas Fund Brainstorm Session
- Update on Myers Way Encampment
- HPAC Executive Committee Election
- Community Announcements
2. Need a traffic circle, crosswalk, trail improvement, or shortened Pedestrian Crossing? In person idea collection will be happening for Parks & Streets Fund at this meeting.
Your Voice, Your Choice is a process in which Seattle residents decide how to spend a portion of the City’s budget. Presented by Jenny Frankl, Strategic Advisor, DON.
In 2017, Your Voice, Your Choice is focused on Parks & Streets, which means that you will help decide how to spend $2,000,000 of the City budget on small-scale improvements to streets and parks in your neighborhood.
3. HPAC Community Ideas Fund Brainstorm Session
HPAC won a grant from Waste Management for waste reduction education efforts last summer! We have $2500 for neighborhood community building events, beautification, and/or community arts projects. Bring your ideas and energy so we can create some awesome stuff for Highland Park!
4. Myers Way Sanctioned Encampment
Update on process and progress with working with the City on Neighborhood issues and needs as related to encampments sanctioned and unsanctioned
5. HPAC Executive/Steering Committee Election is February– nominations can be taken via email or at the February meeting – each position is for a one year term.
To nominate yourself and/or another HPAC member – please provide either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or verbally in person at Feb meeting: Name, position sought, email, phone, address, and up to a 75 word response to the following:
- What lived/professional skills, experiences, resources would you bring to the position sought?
- What do you like about the Highland Park community?
- What could be one improved in Highland Park? How much time a month can you commit to meetings and serving the mission of HPAC?
- Positions Up for Election Include:
- Chairperson(s) – The duties include preside at all HPAC meetings and Executive Committee meetings, prepare agendas, report on the actions of the Executive Committee, maintain momentum of programs initiated by the HPAC .
- Assistant/Vice Chairperson(s) – The duties include to serve in the absence of the Chairperson, to develop and encourage broader membership participation, and to plan and organize special projects and functions. Serve as liaison to Delridge District Council/Southwest District Council and other Councils as needed.
- Secretary – The duties include notify the membership of the next meeting date, time, take the minutes of the HPAC meetings, with a summary of actions taken and assignments made ready to be presented at each subsequent meeting.
- Treasurer – The duties include receive and disburse funds as instructed by the Executive Committee and the HPAC, works with our fiscal sponsor in record keeping, and reports on the financial position of the HPAC at each meeting.
- Sub-Committee Chairperson(s): Developed as needed – 2017 potential sub-committees
- Community Needs Survey
- Outreach & Engagement
- By-Laws Review
6. Community Announcements
7. Close of Meeting