Doors open at 6:30 – Meeting from 7:00 – 8:30 pm
- “State of Delridge” with Councilmember Herbold
- HPAC Steering Committee Election Announcement
- Update on new grant awarded to HPAC
- Update on Myers Way Encampment
- Launching Community Needs Survey Sub-Committee
- An overview of 2017 Budget that passed
- Councilmember Herbold’s overall priorities for 2017
- Updates/Outlook on issues of homelessness
- Outlook on HALA / MHA for Delridge Area
- Councilmember Herbold’s priorities/goals for Delridge area
- What we can do as the neighborhoods in Delridge to increase resources & infrastructure, reduce crime, and build an inclusive, diverse, and welcoming community.
Other Agenda items:
- SPD announcements
- HPIC announcements
- HPAC Executive/Steering Committee Election is February 22nd – nominations can be taken at the January and February meetings – each position is for a one year term.To nominate yourself and/or another HPAC member – please provide either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at Jan or Feb meeting: Name, position sought, email, phone, address, and up to a 75 word response to the following:
What lived/professional skills, experiences, resources would you bring to the position sought? What do you like about the Highland Park community? What could be one improved in Highland Park? How much time a month can you commit to meetings and serving the mission of HPAC?
- Positions Up for Election Include:
- Chairperson(s) – The duties include preside at all HPAC meetings and Executive Committee meetings, prepare agendas, report on the actions of the Executive Committee, maintain momentum of programs initiated by the HPAC .
- Assistant/Vice Chairperson(s) – The duties include to serve in the absence of the Chairperson, to develop and encourage broader membership participation, and to plan and organize special projects and functions. Serve as liaison to Delridge District Council/Southwest District Council and other Councils as needed.
- Secretary – The duties include notify the membership of the next meeting date, time, take the minutes of the HPAC meetings, with a summary of actions taken and assignments made ready to be presented at each subsequent meeting.
- Treasurer – The duties include receive and disburse funds as instructed by the Executive Committee and the HPAC, works with our fiscal sponsor in record keeping, and reports on the financial position of the HPAC at each meeting.
- Sub-Committee Chairperson(s): Developed as needed – 2017 potential subcommittees
- Community Needs Survey
- Outreach & Engagement
- By-Laws Review
- Updates on Myers Way Encampment, and Delridge District Council
- Update on new grant awarded to HPAC – Feb meeting we will provide an opportunity for neighbors to pitch ideas on what use the funding for to benefit Highland Park
- Community Needs Survey Sub-Committee
- Community announcements and closing