HPAC March Meeting Minutes
Steering Committee present- Chair: Gunner Scott; Vice Chair: Craig Rankin; Treasurer: Michelle Glassley; Secretary: Beth Andrisevic; Vice Chair/Speaker liaison: Michelle Witzki
- Lt. Ron Smith From SPD provided update on increase in car prowls. See Crime prevention Bulletin at Seattle.gov
- Announcements: The homeless RV lots are on hold for now due to costs. See West Seattle Blog
- Efforts underway to remove abandoned car from Green Belt.
Connie, Highland Park Elementary VP of PTA announced Principal Chris Cronas will be a HPAC April meeting to talk about new programs at HPE. Also KUOW will be airing a program about HPE. See Highland Park Elementary PTA for events and updates
- Craig provided update on West Duwamish GreenBelt trails.
Presented selection of 10 grant proposals for Neighborhood Parks and Street Fund – There was a motion to approve the 4 selections listed below and motion was passed.
1) Speed bumps off SW Holden on 12th Ave, SW, 11th Ave SW, and SW Portland St,(various locations)
2) Traffic circle 25th ave and SW Brandon
3) Crosswalk at 20th and SW Genesee.
4) Repair stairway at Bataan Park, SW Grand.
Neighborhood cleanup day proposed for Highland Park – voted to be April 30th (see announcement below)
Discussions about other needed projects. Possible Streets, sidewalks and Green Belts committees. Also discussions about neighborhood outreach to increase neighborhood engagement.
See West Seattle Blog for details of the full meeting.
HPAC April 27th Agenda
7:00 Welcome Craig & Michele
– SPD updates
– Myers Way Update from Mary
7:10 – 7:40 Seattle Neighborhood Group – Crime Prevention Workshop
– Vehicle Security: How to protect your car from crime.
7:45 – 8:10 Principal Chris Cronas of Highland Park Elementary is excited to partner with HPIC/HPAC. He will speak about
-Improvements made at HPE over this school year
-Academic and philosophical goals
-Social and Emotional Learning
-Early learning issues (pre-kindergarten)
– Answer questions
8:15 – HPAC updates
– Delridge Community Council Update
– WD Greenbelt Trails update
– Agenda Items for May 25th Meeting
– Sub commitees
– Community Announcements and closing
Vote for the Highland Park 12th Ave SW/SW Kenyon Street Mural Design
Please vote here: http://goo.gl/forms/3Jj8tKV9Bt
Neighbors on the 7700 block of 12th Ave SW are planning a street intersection mural. Local artists have provided 3 different design concepts and we are looking for your vote on your favorite design. Once the design has been chosen from a majority vote, it will be submitted to the City for final approval. We hope to be painting this by early summer 2016.
Other designs not selected will be available for use in other street intersections if desired. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Voting will be open until 4/15/2016 and is open to Highland Park & Riverview residents, including homeowners, renters, and businesses in the area.
Highland Park Neighborhood Cleanup Day – Saturday April 30th – 10am – 2pm
We need 3 team leaders – one for each staging area – email email@example.com if you will be a team leader.
Currently Focused on 3 areas –
- Highland Park Playground – Meet/Staging at 1100 SW Cloverdale St
- Highland Park Way SW from SW Holden down to Bus stop across from Othello St (side without sidewalk) – Meet/Staging at parking lot of HPIC 1116 SW Holden St
- SW Holden between 12th Ave SW and 15th Ave SW – Meet/Staging at HPIC 1116 SW Holden St
Bring gloves and rakes – bags and other supplies will be provided
Highland Park Improvement Club: HPIC is looking for Bar Crew! Have you always wanted to be a bartender? Well, we are looking for Corner Bar Crew and more! See http://www.hpic1919.org/
Next HPIC Corner Bar is April 1st!